Sunday, January 16, 2011

Miles Apart - Still Close at Heart

Deployment is now reality...
Tim departed yesterday for his 6 month assignment to a warm and dusty desert where he will will fly long missions to keep our ground troops safe and the enemy at bay. We already miss each other very much. It will be a long 6 months, but we are trusting in the Lord to keep us strong. We are so thankful for the prayers and support of friends and family, and for the technology that allows us to skype, email, and call each other fairly regularly. Just before leaving, Tim switched our phone service and got both of us new phones---with data plans. Simply put, it allows me to answer every call he sends my way, and gives me 24/7 access to get a hold of him. What a comfort!
Not everything about deployment is gloomy and sad---I get to have a special parking place at the commissary when I shop there, meals take less time to prepare, and there is less laundry to do---but I would trade all of these "perks" in a snap to have Tim home. Still, it helps to look on the bright side of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment