Monday, January 31, 2011

White Fluff & Puff

Winter is my least favorite season of the year ---especially in a place where winter is known to last 8 months out of the year (at least, the cold temperatures last that long). Moving from balmy winters in Oklahoma to the harsher conditions of Rapid City, South Dakota has been a challenge for me. Tim thinks winters here are nice -but he grew up in Minnesota winters where snow remains on the ground for nearly 8 months a year. I'm trying to get tougher to be able to last the harsh conditions for longer, but the cold seems to seep in through every crack of my being, causing even my attitude to turn sour. It is during these times that I must continually remind myself of the life's blessings that keep my heart warm -love from friends and family, a comfortable home, a whiny dog to come home to, a new winter wardrobe, and a sturdy vehicle that keeps me safe on somewhat precarious roads. Furthermore, the promise of spring looms in the near future, raising my hopes and causing me to stick it out for just one more day.
Oh, and for the record, the average temperature today was zero degrees Fahrenheit...even with the sun shining. Bundle up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment